Sunday, June 26, 2016

Wait, what am I doing here?

I've been thinking for a while about creating a blog to talk about my life with type 1 diabetes (T1D) and finally decided to take the plunge.  My goal is to help my family and friends understand this disease and how my life has changed since my "diagnosis day."  Maybe this is a great idea or maybe it isn't, but I think it's worth trying.  I'm not sure how often I'll post given that I've never done the blogging thing or even been a frequent Facebook poster, but who knows?  Maybe I'll be as hard to shut up online as I can be in person!

This is going to be about my opinions and experience with T1D - not medical information.  I'm a person who spends too much time with doctors, but my expertise is only around my own experiences.  This will never be about me looking for pity.  I may whine from time to time, but I'll try to keep that off the internet as much as possible.

I suspect my parents will consider anything I share here to be too much public information.  To an extent I agree with that.  At the same time I think there's the potential for some value here, for them and for others who have questions or don't even know what to ask in the first place.  Some of it will be current events, some will go back to my diagnosis, the rest will be whatever I think of and feel like sharing.  Hopefully it's good for anyone reading this, and for me at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment